Mr & Mrs Perky

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Begone, Damned Flu!

What a horrible time for the family to be ill!  Nate, the Husband and I were supposed to be all excited about our trip to Koh Samui tmrw.  Instead, the three of us are down with a bad case of the flu:(

The worse possible scenario is when you have to take care of a cranky and clingy baby when you are ill.  Certainly no picnic.  At least, I have the help of my family but I truly wonder how someone without the help of extended family cope...

The positive aspect of this whole thing?  The fact that we were not asked to pay cancellation charges for the hotel and the flight!  And it was so last minute! This is almost as good as being able to change my too-large-jeans after having worn it for a week and washed it - no questions asked! 

The thing is, our trip was timed with some minor renovation works at my mum's place.  This meant that Nate would not have to be exposed to dust and other such unhealthy particles.  Oh well. 

I guess we'll just have to look forward to the trip in September..

b.

1 comment:

  1. beats no trip at all! in fact, will be great enjoying it all the more after recovering from this horrible bout of flu!

    ReplyDelete